(Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?

2 posters

Go down

(Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?   Empty (Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?

Post by jambutters Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:13 am

I've been looking up tutorials on tiled and most of them have to specify a collision layer in tiled. I was wondering if you could just set a specific tile to contain the custom properties like: {density: true} and the game would automatically(with code of course) make that image/sprite a solid object in the game. Sorry if I explained it all weird

jambutters

Back to top Go down

(Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?   Empty Re: (Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?

Post by rc Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:38 am

The game used to have a layer called COLLISION where you'd need to put 0 or 1 for every tile. (By 1 I mean the top-left tile of the first tileset image.)
Raining Chain now automatically calculate the COLLISION layer for you (far more consistent and quick) so you don't need to manually do it.
rc
rc
Admin

http://rainingchain.com

Back to top Go down

(Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?   Empty Re: (Questions on tiled map editor) Does tiled require you to set a collision layer?

Post by jambutters Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:40 am

rc wrote:The game used to have a layer called COLLISION where you'd need to put 0 or 1 for every tile. (By 1 I mean the top-left tile of the first tileset image.)
Raining Chain now automatically calculate the COLLISION layer for you (far more consistent and quick) so you don't need to manually do it.
Was implementing tiled into your game pretty easy? Also did you use a plugin of some sorts?

jambutters

Back to top Go down

Post by rc Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Tiled save file (.tmx) is just a regular xml file. It's really easy to read (if saved in csv format). Just use any xml parser.
rc
rc
Admin

http://rainingchain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down