Quest Creator: Map will not update

2 posters

Go down

Quest Creator: Map will not update Empty Quest Creator: Map will not update

Post by Whip Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:26 pm

I decided to try out the RCQC. I had originally installed the stand alone map editor and then when I downloaded the QC I noticed that the map editor was saved to the same location so I assumed it and any hooks would still work. Once I ran the editor everything seemed fine.

I created a new map and then ran in localhost, teleported via the skeleton. But for some reason all I get is the green field, the bat, and myself. Within the editor map tab, I noticed that whenever I  refresh the image it does not update the thumbnail. Any idea what I have done wrong?

Also I noticed that running RC locally, it is appears to be an older version. I'm assuming that quests will still work in your updated version... ?

EDIT:
A solution presented itself. Although the map was not updating on an image refresh, I found that if I closed the map, then reloaded it via the "edit map" button, then made active the map editor, then returned to the QC, the thumbnail updated, as well as the game.

2nd EDIT:
Okay, guess I spoke too soon. Repeating the steps I took above, the map is still not updating.
Whip
Whip

Back to top Go down

Quest Creator: Map will not update Empty Re: Quest Creator: Map will not update

Post by rc Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes, the Quest Creator uses an older version of the game. However, quests created with it are compatible with the most recent game version as most of the changes do not impact quest creation.

I'll look into the map problem.

Note: With the most recent server version, the map image generation has changed so a desync between the .tmx file and the image shown in-game is no longer possible. The desync between the QuestCreator and .tmx file is still possible though.
rc
rc
Admin

http://rainingchain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Okay thanks. I ran the quest again just to look at the map in-game. Even though the thumbnail did not update, the game did, well almost....

Quest Creator: Map will not update PblsPKu

And I do have e2 defined as m.spawnActor(spot.e2,'pumpking');
Whip
Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by rc Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:48 pm

You must put the spots on the layer SPOT. Otherwise they will appear in-game.

Most likely, you put that "e2" on the wrong layer. Just toggle their visibility one by one in Tiled until you find it and remove it.
rc
rc
Admin

http://rainingchain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down